• Just about all the energy we use comes from the sun; the sun is a star.
• 13 stars represent 13 states of Malaysia.
• 13 stars lined up in crescent shape – inspired by Jalur Gemilang (the Malaysian flag) – symbolic of integration of sustainable energy into the national agenda.
• The increasing sizes in the stars depicts that ISES shall grow from strength to strength in coming years.
• The crescent also represents the letter ‘C’ which has embedded messages on climate change mitigation measures, carbon reduction and clean energy generation.
• The circular nature of the crescent denotes the globe, there is the element of convergence of local and international knowledge in the symbol.
• The blue colour indicates authority – the ISES is an authorised platform (by SEDA) in knowledge sharing in fulfilment of the Strategic Thrust 5 under the National Renewable Energy Policy and Action Plan.
• White colour depicts clean, and clean energy messages (via Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency) shall take centre stage in all ISES platforms.